Mentor support for Mana in Mahi participants or anyone aged 18-24 on a main Work and Income benefit.
Whītiki Tauā is a FREE virtual mentoring support service. It connects you to a dedicated person who you can have regular chats with for 12 months via phone or video call.
You can join Whītiki Tauā if:
- you’re in Mana in Mahi or
- you’re 18-24 years old and on a Work and Income benefit or
- you’re 18-24 years old and have come off a benefit to start work or study in the last three months
What is a mentor?
They’re a consistent, reliable, non-judgemental person to kōrero with, ask questions and get guidance from. You can talk to them about anything you want to - perhaps you’re feeling unsure of what direction to take or facing challenges with friends, whānau, work or life in general.
A mentor cares about you and your wellbeing, and are there for you when you need them.
Whītiki Tauā means ‘we’ve got your back’.
A mentor can help you:
- Grow your self-esteem and confidence
- Work through tough situations
- Set goals and achieve them
- Work out what career or education you would like
- Celebrate your successes