Complaints, compliments and suggestions

We welcome your feedback as it makes a difference and helps us improve the services we provide to the people of Aotearoa.

How to send us a complaint, compliment or suggestion

Do it online

Send your feedback to us by completing this form.

Write to us

Send your feedback to us in writing by email to

or post to:
PO Box 9980, Newmarket, Auckland 1149.

Call us

Call any one of our services and provide your feedback over the phone.

Your rights when using our services

When you use any of our services, you are protected by the Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers’ Rights. The Code sets out ten rights that you have as a service user which must be followed by anyone providing a health or disability service (like us). You can read more about your rights here:

Frequently asked questions

What can I complain about?

You can make a complaint about any service provided by Whakarongorau. For a list of the services we provide, please click here

Who can make a complaint?

Anyone can make a complaint about the service they have received. We also accept complaints from our stakeholders such as GPs.

What can I expect when I make a complaint?

All complaints are treated confidentially and making a complaint will not affect the service that you receive from us. We take feedback seriously and aim to resolve complaints quickly and fairly.

Our Quality Team will investigate your complaint. This may include reviewing records of your contact with us (including calls and text messages), having conversations with staff, and seeking advice from senior clinicians. We will contact you to let you know the outcome of our investigation. We will provide an explanation of what happened, what may have gone wrong, and what we are doing to improve our service. We aim to complete our investigation and respond to you within 30 working days. If we are unable to respond in that time frame, we will let you know the reason and when you can expect to hear from us.

What if I want support to make a complaint?

The Nationwide Health & Disability Advocacy Service is available to support or guide you when you make a complaint. This service is independent, confidential, and free of charge. You can call the service on 0800 555 050 or visit their website at: Advocacy - Health and Disability Advocacy Service.

What if I am unhappy with the response?

Let us know so that we can try and make it right. If you are still unhappy, you can raise your concerns with the Health and Disability Commissioner. You can contact the Commissioner’s Office on 0800 11 22 33 or visit